No hassle, no worries and cost-friendly home upgrades? We’ve got you covered! Summer means a season of fun – but if you’re a homeowner, it can also mean hard work. Whether you’re renovating an outdated room, replacing old windows, creating the perfect backyard, or switching up interior decor, now is the time! However, it doesn’t all have to be intimidating nor should you need to give up your summer days. Let’s face it – most of us would rather sit by the pool, spend time with friends and family, or go to our favorite park for some outdoor enjoyment.
If you’re finding yourself with a checklist of updates or seeking a simple change, we have compiled a list of quick and easy upgrades to ensure you’re living in the home of your dreams without sacrificing your summer!
Interior Home Upgrades
Kitchen Upgrades –
Kitchen updates don’t always require massive undertakings, costing thousands of dollars. Easy upgrades can make a huge difference and increase your home value during selling. Take a look at some easy and cost-friendly upgrades we recommend:
Changing hardware – Dull hardware isn’t easy on the eyes. By upgrading your hardware, elevate your cabinets with a new modern look. Black polished chrome or brass add depth to the space and can provide a trendy mixed-metal look.
Update lighting – We recommend modern, yet inexpensive light fixtures. Add or upgrade pendants over the island/peninsula and sink, or add puck lighting under top cabinets for better lighting over countertops.
Open up your space – Removing some of the upper cabinetry can make the kitchen more functional and lighter. Open shelves are a great way to display serving platters, cookbooks, herbs, and everyday dishes when done correctly!
- Bonus Tip – Take it further by giving your cabinets a new fresh face of paint. Experiment with bolder colors, and two-toned looks, or stay soft and classic!
Wall Refresh –
It may seem obvious, but refreshing your walls can give a completely new feel to a space. From paint and wallpaper to DIY paneling, there are several options available to help spruce up your space:
- Accent Walls – great option to give your space a pop of color without needing to change all walls
- Go Bold with Peel and Stick Wallpaper – easy to remove; allows for creativity and boldness without making huge sacrifices
- DIY paneling/modeling – adds depth and texture to any wall. Great in hallways and living spaces
- Here’s an easy tutorial to follow along!
Exterior Home Upgrades
Updating Garage Doors –
Stuck with old and unappealing garage doors, but aren’t ready to dish out several thousand dollars? There are easy and cost-friendly updates you can make! Using exterior paint, refresh the color of your garage door. Keep it classic and white, opt for bold and dimensional, or soft and subtle. Next, add hardware for dimension while providing a modern touch. And, if you’re feeling up to it, add magnetic windows for extra curb appeal.
- For an easy process, we’ve provided some great step-by-step tutorials!
Perfecting Curb Appeal –
Curb appeal looks different for every home, neighborhood, and owner! Below are just a few ways you can easily add curb appeal on a cost-friendly budget!:
- Go green – Add floral arrangements and greenery
- Update lighting – Use outdoor pendants or wall sconces to create a welcoming glow
- Paint your front door – Add a pop of color (ex. light pink, blue, black, red, etc.)
- Decor – Use year-round wreaths, modern welcome signs – adding elements and depth
- Add columns and Corbels – If your entry-way allows for these additions, find an easy DIY guide here!
Resurfacing Deck –
An easy, yet effective way to update the backyard is by resurfacing your deck! After a few quick steps, you’ll have a new deck in no time perfect for Summer night BBQs. Once your deck has been thoroughly repaired, cleaned and stained, take it a few steps further by adding mounted planters, lighting, and updating furniture for you and guests!
- Check out this guide for easy step-by-step instructions!